Friday, June 13, 2014

About Me: Hunter W. Hansen



About Me

Hunter Hansen


I have decided to talk a little bit about myself in this blog piece to let you readers know who I am and where I'm coming from. I was born July 31, 1989 in Montgomery, AL. My mother is Kay Oswalt and my father's name is Robert Hansen. 

I started playing guitar around age 7 and have been playing ever since. I've played in a couple of bands over the years and done many shows. Playing live is what I absolutely live for. I feel my best playing my instrument in front of a crowd. 

I have written and performed many original songs which my band, Electric Tigre, plays as well as covers. We are currently developing our sound and hope to be performing in many more areas of the US soon. We are also in the process of properly recording a demo. 

While guitar is my primary instrument, I also play other instruments as well. I actually started playing drums in the 8th grade. I soon began playing for a couple of local churches here and there but eventually decided playing guitar was much more fulfilling. It wasn't until I heard David Gilmour play for the first time that I decided to pick up the guitar and make it my instrument. Aside from guitar, I also play: drums, bass, and a little keys occasionally (I'm still learning).

Aside from my band I also have my hands in a couple of hip hop projects as well. I have been dabbling in hip hop for a few years now. I started off recording other people and eventually decided to try and perform on a track of my own. I did and the reaction was pretty great so I just kept going. 

I am affiliated with a couple of different hip hop groups. STS or Shock to Society, is the first crew that I actually got involved with out of Montevallo, AL. We are currently putting a portfolio together for a label and will soon be performing live on our tour.

Second I am affiliated with the rap group Squad. I have been working as a recording artist, engineer and producer for them for about a year and a half. We are also developing a current portfolio for label recognition.




Being a recording artist is something I've dreamt about my entire life. The fact that I can make music right out of my own home studio in itself is a dream come true for me so I can get my music out there and have it be heard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment